Lately, i've forgotten to read my scriptures because there hasn't been Beans or Stomp to keep me on line. Is that a good excuse? No. But i still haven't, until this morning. It was awesome. (yes this is relevant, keep reading---->)
I've heard those stories about people that say they could feel the difference when they started reading their scriptures after not reading for a while, then how much better they felt afterwards. I was like "Ya, sure, makes sense". But i never actually felt that before today.
StuCo is a high stress level place to be, let me just tell you. And oftentimes i don't do well in these environments. I'm kinda chill person, ya know? So it was just starting to get to me and then i realized that i haven't been reading my scrips and praying as well as i could have. I decided to test this little theory out. So, this morning i read a few sections of D&C then i really prayed. It felt good. Not as good as it felt when i realized after first hour that i actually got something positive out of our little...chastisement...from Ms. Scott. Which would NOT have happened otherwise. So today i got reminded that:
-- We need to support the people that we work with.
-- Just because we are friends with people doesn't mean we actually know what's going on in their life. So be nice to everyone! No matter what.
--I asked for this crazy-ness.
--Stuco is really a whole bunch of service. Service is good,right? Right. And in this case a lot of sacrifice goes into it. But without sacrifice we can never fully appreciate what we have ( like LUNCH WITH MY FRIENDS).
Let's look on the bright side guys, you can see so much clearer over there.
Life is still wonderful.

"Let's look on the bright side guys, you can see so much clearer over there." Is now officially one of my new favorite quotes :) You are amazing, Kami, I have had a lull in my blog-reading this month and I forgot how much I love yours! Moral of story: Thanks for writing all this awesome-ness.
ReplyDelete:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):).
ReplyDeleteI love you, Sarah.
THE END.
Okay first of all SOOOO agreed with Sarah! I just love your amazing insight Kami, because it is SO true, the scriptures and praying make all the difference in the world!!! And making those two things habit brings you more blessings than you can probably notice! Oh and FYI your friends also missed you at lunch!!!! :) But I am so proud of you for sticking with it, serving others, and seeing the half full cup!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete