This is my life on a webpage

Hello. I'm gonna write on this thing. You are gonna read it. Yes.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

These Walls

I cannot see the walls around me

But I feel them, oh I feel them

I feel so closed and empty

If only I could be free


Free from the doubt

That weighs on my mind


Free from the happiness

I cannot find


Free from the sin

I cannot condone


Free from the judgment

I cannot bear on my own


Beyond these walls I cannot see

The love that is there, oh, it’s there

It’s there in the blessings that surround me

It’s there, but I cannot see the person that I must be


So I feel this oppression

And it causes a spiritual recession


But I will become strong

Not after long


Because I have the tools to break

And I know what it must take


To take down the walls and conquer all my woes

Because I know the Man of many sorrows.


Only He has the right kind of tools

To help us fools


Get out of this box we’ve made

And just follow the plan He’s laid.


Because this plan leads to all happiness

With many a waiting soul to bless.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this one. Not that I don't love all your poetry, but this especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like this... but I don't like knowing that you have felt this way before! :(

    ReplyDelete