This is my life on a webpage

Hello. I'm gonna write on this thing. You are gonna read it. Yes.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Personal Pearls

So there's this story about this guy that found this Pearl of Great Price and how he turned his back on the world to obtain it. I like to think of myself like that guy when i think about me not doing basketball. I guess you could say it has a rhyme scheme...but not so much. I wrote it when i first decided not to do basketball and it helps remind me why i'm not doing it when everyone starts judging me for temporarily quitting.

A pearl that breaks you
from the normal flow
your life would normally go.

That life seemed utterly meant for you.
You thought it seemed like it, too.

Until that young girl
gained wisdom
far, far past her years.

Why God would guide her this way,
she doesn't actually know.
But she is doing it anyways.
And there is no need for "fleeces"

Because...

She finally realized
basketball, softball and other sports too
don't offer the things she wants anymore

She used to care about
free throws and such
but now,
none of those things matter so much.
They used to be her life,
but what kind of life is that?!

Depending on a good gmae
to be happy or sad
is the wrong way to live.

She wants to now to lead
a different kind of life.
She wants to live her life
so God can be proud
to call her his daughter.

She wants to live her life
Loving each person individually
And not wasting the precious moments.

She wanted to be different
to be strong
to be faithful
to love and be loved
to expand new talents.

Basketball wouldn't let her.
It seemed to smother the happiness,
with a bunch of
stressful expectation and time-filling activities.
That she couldn't bare to handle anymore.

That she didn't want to handle anymore.

It seemed so pointless
to work SO hard
for glory one day and get nothing the next.

She now feels free
to be who she wants to be
because she found her personal pearls.
And she'll turn her back
on the world's expectations.

So she can better see
what heaven wants of her.
Because, THAT'S what really matters.

2 comments:

  1. Kami, how are you SO STINKIN' GOOD??? I am awed by you.

    I love this poem. It's perfectly perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Macey always comment before me and say what I want to? Geez, Mace...

    ReplyDelete