This is my life on a webpage

Hello. I'm gonna write on this thing. You are gonna read it. Yes.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

An Explanation

As you may have noticed, i have a bunch of "churchy" stuff on here. I'm not apologizing for it. But i kinda just wanted to explain why that is. On the front page of my blog it simply says "This is me on a webpage" or something along those lines. And that's pretty much all there is to it. Except that's definitely not what i thought when i first wrote it. This "churchy" stuff is me in essence. This is just the way i've been brought up to think like. This is who i am. It makes me happy :) I read other blogs and the majority of them just tell the normal day to day things that happen in people's lives. But i don't write like that, when i write...i write because of an extreme of emotion. That's how all of my poems have come into existence, because i've been really happy or sad or peaceful or something... or anything really. So that is what i'm trying to share with all of you. A piece of myself. Which is sorta scary to be honest with you. There is a lot of criticism that can come from that...but if i cared what people thought of me then i wouldn't be where i am today. That's why i write. To show people who i am. To show myself that i can be better than i am, to be better than i was.

I can sound pretty deep when i want to huh? ;)

Mace gave me a new chapter to her book and then some for Christmas, and this is what i gave her in return. I might have gotten the better part of the deal :) But i'm posting this because it can be applied to all of my friends.

To a Dear Friend at Christmas

I was going to start out, with a poem all about you.

Which is fine, you are worth boasting about-- it’s true.

But then it came to me, at this late hour.

That it’s CHRISTmas, and we must not forget by which Power

We receive all of our blessings and joys.

Surely, He even cares enough to humor us with our silly toys.

So what I think I’ll do instead

Is bare my solemn testimony, before I go to bed.

The problem is, I don’t know where to start!

But I must first say

I love my Savior, Brother and Redeemer with all of my heart.

There simply aren’t words to describe this feeling

Of love and charity that fills my whole being.

I know He lives and loves us too.

I know that He guides us through everything we do.

I know He’s held my hand, when I was going through a hard time.

I know that His rewards and blessings are sublime.

I read the scriptures and I am filled with light

I hear the prophets speak and I’m urged to do right.

I feel the Spirit’s soft stillness deep inside.

And then I can repent of my old sins, as if they have died.

Then with the Atonement I am reborn

As the bread and water repair all that was torn.

He is the one that is behind the light in our eyes

He is the one that will conquer all of Satan’s lies.

He is the one that inspires us to create

He is the one that let’s us choose our fate.

He is the one that motivates every honest deed

He is the one that plants every good seed.

I could go on and on and never end

For when it comes to my dedication to the Savior, I do not bend.

So let me just say once again, He truly is my Best Friend.


3 comments: