This is my life on a webpage

Hello. I'm gonna write on this thing. You are gonna read it. Yes.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Funny


Everyday we can see things,

But can we peer through the din?

Do we look past their disguise?

Into the sadness within?


Everyday there are new trials to face

But they try to keep them in hiding

From the people that care, even though,

Those people would appreciate their confiding


I think it’s funny

That people believe this lie

That they must walk this life alone

That they have to do it all on their own


…But do we help them?

Do we even see that there is something amiss?

In our loved ones lives,

You’d be surprised what we miss…


It’s funny what you can look at

And not see

It’s funny what you can aspire to

And not be


Its funny who you can live with

And not know

It funny how close you can seem to be

But never actually understand their woe


Isn’t it funny?

That we live day to day

Side by side

And not take the time to hear them confide


Silent suffering

Is going on all around

Do we take the time to care?

Do we dare?

5 comments:

  1. Kami, you're amazing, just so you know. Like where do you even pull this stuff from? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! If only I had looked at this earlier. My goodness, dear, you ARE absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I told you this in person, but I really do love this. It's definitely one of my favorite poems that you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kami, so basically I love your blog. You're testimony is so strong and I looove reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you :) You peoples are sweet :D

    ReplyDelete