There is this blog that i read,( thanks to Macey!) and i came upon it today not knowing what i would find. Let's just say, i found awesomeness :). So, here ya go! Read it, don't read it, glance at it. I don't care. But i know that if you choose option A, you won't regret it!
It's all about kindness...but there's a twist.
In church we learn to "love thy neighbor as thyself". Hmm. Okay. I get that, love people. Right. Got it.
Problem.
I didn't get it. I only thought i did.
And neither did the majority of this PLANET!
Here's the deal- it says "love thy neighbor as thyself" Did you catch that? As yourself. If you can't love yourself how are you supposed to truly love anyone else? From what i've seen, most people are ready and willing to love others, to accept their mistakes and move on afterwards. But how many people are ready and willing to love themselves after they've made a mistake, to accept it, learn from it, then move on?( pssst! it's also called repentance) If you think about it...not many! I do it too, trust me. This post is as much to me as it is to any of you! I want to fix this problem in myself. I don't like it.
"I'm careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, i can reach for; perfection is God's business"--Michael J. Fox
Yes, it's true. So let's be kind! To everyone, including ourselves. We aren't perfect. It's easy to say because it's absolutely logical, but when it comes right down to it...it's a hard thing to swallow. If everyone and everything was perfect, there really wouldn't be a reason to live. There wouldn't be a reason to go to school, because there wouldn't be any learning. Everyone would get 100%'s and teachers would have boring lives. (Not like they don't already...) Writing a good paper wouldn't be special because there are billions of others just like it. If everyone was perfect, then playing a sport would be pointless. No one would score because the defense would be impenetrable. In other words...
WE WOULD BE A BUNCH OF BORING ROBOTIC PEOPLE! Learning is what makes life livable. Learning a new person's name. Learning a new instrument. Learning a new sport. Learning a new skill. Learning how to care about people. Learning how to make people smile. Learning how to shoot flies out of the air with a headband...haha ;) anyways...
So, get over it. Shut the door on perfection. Shut the door on all the negative things you believe about yourself. Shut the door on past regrets. Then, make a new door. Don't worry though, you'll probably end up shutting that one too, because it's all about learning. And sooner or later, you'll learn that your latest door has flaws in it that you didn't notice before...but it's okay! Go ahead and shut that one too. Make a new one. And don't stop making them. Ever.

Kami, Kami, KAMI! You are awesome. And so right. Love this post, love it love it love it. And, coincidentally, everything that I needed that I DIDN'T get out of cjane's post. Thanks, Kams.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly, my dear :)
ReplyDeleteI believe this is just what I needed today :) I love you, and your lovely writing!
ReplyDelete